[wplug] Projector Bulb Lifetimes?

Nathan Marcus latefreight at gmail.com
Wed May 10 17:05:29 EDT 2006

I have a Toshiba T60-M projector, very fine projector, but there is
one question I never had answered and would like some input on other
people's experiences.

I've owned the projector for 3-4 years, and I use it sporadically
(every couple months).  I have probably racked 40-60 hours of runtime
on the projector in its lifetime.

I want to know how long does a projector bulb last before it is burned
out on new high quality XGA projectors?

I know of people who have slide-picture projectors with unchanged
bulbs for 30 years, but with all of the places selling projector
bulbs, it would seem to be a cottage industry.

Plus, I want to know when to get the bulb, because currently it is
$300, cheapest, from main-stream sellers.  Don't want to buy a bulb
and not use it for that kind of money.

(this IS Linux related because the laptop I use for presentations uses
Mepis FYI)

Thanks,
-Nate