[wplug] ? Limiting SMTP

Diana A. Clarion dclarion at fnordnet.net
Sun Mar 26 19:36:37 EST 2006

I believe that sendmail comes that way (or more restrictive) out-of-the-box.
I also think I remember a file called '/etc/mail/relay-domains', which adds
domains to your set of allowed relay domains.  Check with the sendmail site.

If you're using another MTA or are using a prepackaged system, you may have
a bit more looking to do...

DAC

On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 03:37:29PM -0500, Sawders, Daryl wrote:
> Is there a way to set up an SMTP relay machine and have it only accept mail from certain "clients" and restrict the destination of mail routed through this relay to a particular domain?
>
> If I can do this I'll be mitigating a security risk to folks that should be "trusted" with routing mail via this pathway and also lessen the impact of a potential mail worm.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
>    - Daryl -

Diana A. Clarion, Goddess of the Network
http://www.fnordnet.net/~dclarion