RF support Was Re: [wplug] Linux Setup

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Thu Mar 23 19:13:10 EST 2006

Duncan Hutty <dhutty+wplug at ece.cmu.edu> wrote:
> Is there support in ACPI for automatically turning off the radio when
> wireless networking is not used?

Perhaps.  My laptop has a button which is designed to be used to
turn on/off the radio.  Earlier versions of the driver simply
ignored the button's state, but now I think it recognizes it and
can turn the radio on and off in response.

I'd expect this to vary from one driver to another, so I don't
think there's a generic answer to your question.  But I'm pretty
new to the wireless stuff.