[wplug] need script to transpose rows and columns in a table

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Mon Mar 13 11:24:05 EST 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:29:39 -0500
Eric Cooper <ecc at cmu.edu> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 10:40:52PM -0700, Vance Kochenderfer wrote:
> > Sorry I don't have time to give a more complete answer, but you may
> > want to investigate the "fold" and "paste" utilities.
>
> Or just do the transpose first, while still in the spreadsheet app.
> In Gnumeric, I can copy the rectangle, then do "Paste Special" and
> choose the "Transpose" option.  I don't have the OO spreadsheet
> installed, but Google says it has the same capability.
>
> --
> Eric Cooper             e c c @ c m u . e d u

WELL GOSH DARN IT  (harsher words come to mind...)

I knew I had seen that /somewhere/ before, but could not remember where.
 I spent a lot of time in Gnumeric, OO.org, Excel, Saig, etc and could
not find it.  Looked under Tools, Data, Edit, etc. NEVER EVEN THOUGHT to
look at "Paste Special"

Thanks sooo much.

Although I will probably do the script later as an exercise in "fun".
But will save it for when I have more time :)

Thanks again!!!

Kevin