[wplug] Pittsburgh Code Camp Event

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Thu Mar 9 17:17:38 EST 2006

>>  	(If you blog, you can get into any tradeshow. Just tell 'em you're
>> a blogger, and that you want a press pass. This is what I do, and it works
>> great =_)
>
> Does that work if you get less than 1,000 visitors a year? :)

 	Apparently it does, Hehehehehehe! =_)

> It's funny I was just thinking that.  Has anyone ever looked into what
> it takes to start/run a Con?  Could WPLUG partener with some other
> nearby user groups and do a "Mid-Atlantic Open Source Conference"?
> BiMonSciFiCon errr... MAOSC...

 	I don't know what it takes, but since Pittsburgh has all these
little sub-factions, it might be a good idea to organize a giant
Pittsburgh Subgroup Convention, or something -- aggregate the smaller
groups into one space at one time. That would actually be pretty neat if
it could be put together. I don't know what's involved, but I'd like to
help make that kinda thing happen.

 	Can we put together a list of factions to contact?

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		http://www.zhrodague.net