[wplug] Pittsburgh Code Camp Event

Bobbie Eicher bobbie.eicher at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 15:34:25 EST 2006

I have to warn you up front, this seems to be a Microsoft heavy event.  If
you go to the registration page on the website you'll see that registration
is being handled by Microsoft.

Still, I got an email from the University of Pittsburgh to let me know that
they'd be having this free event at the School of Computer Science and it
includes some topics that folks in wplug might find interesting.

It's a 9 AM to 4 PM event on Saturday April 8 (there is no WPLUG scheduled
for that day).  Lunch of pizza and sandwiches is to be free as a donation
from Microsoft.

For more information:  http://www.pghdotnet.org/CodeCamp/default.htm

Also, they appear to still be interested in getting input and help from the
community.

Quoting from the site:  *Note to potential presenters: presentations are
welcome for any topic relating to development. You should not feel limited
to the topics (or simply Microsoft technologies). Please share your
experiences in application development!

*So, in addition to being something that WPLUG folks might have fun at, this
may be an excellent opportunity to address developers who might not normally
go looking for information on open source on their own.

- Bobbie