[wplug] Big Iron, at low cost, but big distance

Michael Semcheski lists at immuneit.com
Wed Mar 8 19:30:51 EST 2006

Nathan Marcus wrote:
> Was looking on ebay.  Amazing how cheap things can get...
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5875209488&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1
>

> Its an HP 9000 going for $76 (but there is still a day left).  Of
> course its in North Carolina...

Road Trip!

But seriously, as tempting as that would be, I have to keep three things
in mind.

1.  Where would I put it?
2.  What would I do with it that a two year old PC couldn't do?
3.  Sure its only $76, but I bet my monthly electric bill would go up by
half that.

I have worked on some of this equipment, or if not those specific
models, things of that vintage.  They seemed amazing then, I think they
are still pretty amazing.  But practically...

Oh hell, I've never been to North Carolina, and its a three day
weekend.  Who's with me!  And who's got a bigger car than I do?

Mike