[wplug] fsck.ext3 { repair found }

Frank W. Holden Jr. frank.holden at comcast.net
Mon Mar 6 19:03:34 EST 2006

Thanks to all that tried to help... The answers DID help me think this
one out! I figured out how to get the drive working for now and to get
my data off of it. The next thing is to REPLACE it so I don't have
this problem again!!!

Answer to problem:

fdisk reported the wrong amount of cylinders - corrected
fsck.ext3 the drive using the second block to fix the first
created created the node needed to mount said drive in /dev
after several tries to mount, it mounted and now active

Now to get ALL the data off the drive onto MANY others! Then replace
the drive...

Best to all!
Frank