[wplug] GNOME Women's Summer Outreach Program 2006

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Thu Jun 29 07:56:21 EDT 2006

This announcement may be of interest to list members:

   Women's Summer Outreach Program 2006

   Following on from GNOME's participation in Google's Summer of Code,
   we've decided to sponsor three projects in a similar fashion to the
   Summer of Code, but for women only. GNOME had no Summer of Code
   applications from women, and we think it's time to do something to
   encourage more women to join our development community.

The deadline for applications is July 1.  Participating students
will receive $3000 for work on a two-month project.  Full details
available at <http://www.gnome.org/projects/wsop/>.