[wplug] Email bounce problem

Larry Daberko larry at daberko.com
Mon Jun 19 11:23:42 EDT 2006

Hi,
	I wanted to see if anyone else had this experience and could tell me
where to start looking.

	I'm running a qmail server for my company and when a customer sends us
an email, sometimes it bounces back and they see:

What's throwing me off is the unknown user and relaying denied seems to
be two different error messages.  I've verified via logs that this
message never reached my server.  My server sends this format for
unknown users:

> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.mycompany.com.
> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
>
> <nobody at mycompany.com>:
> Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)
>
> --- Below this line is a copy of the message.

which is different that the one above.

I suspect that one of the hosting company's servers has a relay server
that's misconfigured.

LBD