[wplug] Trying to go Wireless (w/pennies)

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Thu Jun 15 18:50:21 EDT 2006

> As this is a linux list, I feel inclined to point out, WRT54G v5.0 uses
> VxWorks, not linux, so.... have fun trying to mod them (you can't)
>
> Go to http://wiki.openwrt.org/TableOfHardware and pick something that can run
> openwrt, otherwise, you will not be doing anything other than standard
> routing and ap.

 	Oddly enough, I was there today after reading the wikipedia
article on the wrt54g. The units with USB sound quite interesting,
especially if you can get it to accept a webcam. I wasn't able to find a
place that sells them in bulk -- like 5-10 units. I was hoping to get v3s
or v4s at around $30 apiece. I'll have to wait. Everyone else is using the
Soekris units, which are more expensive.

 	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/wrt54g

 	http://www.soekris.com

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com