[wplug] reckless pedestrians

Zach netrek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 21:56:05 EDT 2006

Yes there are irresponsible pedestrians but the majority of them seem
to be comprised of youth, whereas as a RESPONSIBLE and LAW ABIDING
pedesrtian I ROUTINELY see drivers of all ages flagrantly violate the
traffic laws on a DAILY BASIS! And in terms of power one driving has a
lot more than a pedestrian who has no 5 tons of metal around their
body. I've lived all around Pittsburgh and in the 2 years I've been in
the South Hills I've witnessed the highest degree of driver disregard
for pedestrians. It's almost become the norm that a car blocks a
pedestrian crosswalk, and it's not enough to block the first set of
white lines no they aren't content until they block both sets of lines
and force me to walk way around them into the path of oncoming traffic
at the intersection. I'm sick of this crap. Then you give them a look
like "Hey what are you doing?" and they either ignore you because
they're too busy yammering on their cellphone (wish this was made
illegal - it is in some states and accident rates have dropepd), or
stuffing their face with some food/beverage or staring in every
direction EXCEPT STRAIGHT FORWARD, or they give you a nasty look like
you the pedestrian are to blame! I also routinely (daily basis)
witness cars running through red lights, failing to yield for other
cars, running through a stop sign, speeding at insane velocities on
CITY STREETS, accelerating out of  parking lots like they just left an
Indy 500 pit stop (totally clueless of the numerous pedestrians with
carts or bags of groceries), cars ACCELERATING as they approach a
pedestrian crosswalk - someone PLEASE explain the logic of
accelerating to a stop? It just doesn't make sense. I could go on and
on...

Zach