[wplug] reckless pedestrians

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Wed Jun 14 19:14:05 EDT 2006

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:22:13 -0700 (PDT)
terry mcintyre <terrymcintyre at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Or the group of two to five
> pedestrians, ambling along, spread across the entire
> width of the sidewalk.

I have been following this thread for the interesting arguments, even if
it is not FLOSS/Linux related.

This point is the first that I felt the need to pipe up on ... AMEN

I drive my kids to and from their preschool everyday.  It is in a
residential area, and close to a high school.  EVERYDAY (not once and a
while, everyday) I have to wait for someone who is walking down the
middle of the street. Not just kids, but teens, young adults, etc. I see
them in plenty of time (and many times they even actually look at me)
that they could be off the road by the time I get to them.  Do they,
HECK NO!  They wait until I am right behind them, and then slowly slide
over to the sidewalk. Then as I pass them I bet you can guess what I see
in my rear view mirror....

OK, I vented, thanks for listening

--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org