[wplug] reckless pedestrians

Kevin Scheetz daemonbunny66 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 17:08:39 EDT 2006

I'm suprised more incidents haven't happened between someone with an ipod
and the bus lane running along fifth ave.  I do recall being perfectly
attentive and, as a naive freshman, nearly walking into an oncoming bus.
Plus, the PAT drivers seem to think that yellow lights means go faster and
the first few seconds of a red light don't really count and just fly through
it.

On 6/14/06, Jonathan S. Billings <billings at negate.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 10:22 -0700, terry mcintyre wrote:
>
> Quite often around CMU, I'd often see kids with cell phones or iPods
> (although mostly just cell phones), who'd walk right into traffic
> completely oblivious of the traffic.

And, as an avid bicycle rider, I don't understand what some people are
thinking while riding.  Admittedly, I generally don't wear a helmet while
riding on the street, however I ride nearly every day for several hours over
difficult terrain; I'm not great at it but I know how to handle a bicycle.
Riding is like Linux: you need to learn how to use it before you use it.
--
Kevin Scheetz