[wplug] Zaurus?

Shane Liesegang shane at shaneliesegang.com
Tue Jun 13 23:36:13 EDT 2006

I'm interested in using a Zaurus 5500 (got a good deal on a used one)
for a wearable-computing application. Specifically, I'm looking to take
one of these serial accelerometers
(http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/categories.php?cPath=23_80) and record
the output data over a period of time. I'm fairly confident of the
Zaurus's OS (OpenZaurus looks to be a stripped down version of Debian),
but less so of the hardware.

Does anybody know if the serial connection would be able to communicate
with one of these fellas? My biggest concern is the power requirement.
If I can't pass power over the serial connection, it's pretty much shot.

Just wondering if anybody's mucked about with these little portable
Linux machines before, and might have some pointers.

	- SJML