[wplug] Verizon DSL service downgrade

Mike Sussman msussman at na-net.ornl.gov
Mon Jun 12 19:42:15 EDT 2006

Thank you, Michael, for the 768Kbits vs KB comment.  I just looked at
the ad, and, indeed they are advertising 768Kb/sec. My previous service
was (I thought) for the same 768K(something) and I regularly got in the
170-s, so I figured it had to be 768KB/sec.

Now I wonder about the service that was available last year.  Does
anyone remember what kind of service they were offering last year for
between $25 and $30?  I am absolutely certain of my 170KB/s number
(reported by ssh and also by whatever download program used by Ubuntu
update and also Synaptic package manager).

--
Mike Sussman
msussman at na-net.ornl.gov