[wplug] KNetworkManager

Arnaud Loos arnaud at arnaudloos.com
Mon Jun 5 14:31:48 EDT 2006

Based on some good feedback I've read I decided to try and use
network-manager to manage my wireless connection on kubuntu Dapper. I can
see the daemon starting and the Knetworkmanager applet is running on my
system tray, but it reports "No network device found". I also had
kwifimanager installed which I thought might be the problem but uninstalling
that didn't help. Using iwlist shows eth1 recognizing an ESSID so I know
that my wireless is working. I believe another program has control(?) of my
wireless connection and that is why network-manager can't see it. How do I
determine if this is the case?

Thanks.

Arnaud-