[wplug] SuSE Confusion

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Mon Jul 24 00:38:16 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I did some searching on the net but could not find anything helpful.

I'm a SuSE user since version 6 and currently using 9.1 on my main system, 9.2
on a server and 9.3 on my laptop.

I wanted to look into the latest version but ran into some confusion.
I have a choice between SuSE 10.1 and OpenSuSE 10.1.

I figured the difference was something like Red Hat and Fedora but it seems a
bit more complicated.

Both versions are free for download.

I was looking for a chart or website that compares what's in one version and
not in the other.

I looked at downloading a DVD .iso of OpenSuSE but there are non-OSS and OSS
versions.

For my home systems I like to be on the bleeding edge so can anyone recommend
a version to me?

Thanks for any feedback on this,

Bob