[wplug] BlueTooth on Linux

Rob Knapp myddrin at myddrin.com
Fri Jul 14 07:44:42 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 23:43 -0400, Michael P. O'Connor wrote:
> I am working on getting linux up and running on my iBook, and I am
> wondering if any one on this list has worked with BlueTooth on Linux,  I
> have a D-Link dongle for the BlueTooth on the computer, and a Motorola
> Razer V3 as the cell phone and service from T-Mobile.  I would like to
> set things up for so that I can get on the internet via the Bluetooth
> connection, and to be able to modify the phone book of the cell phone
> via the bluetooth.

If you are using kde, then you need to install kbluetoothd and it's
dependencies.
http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-pim/kdebluetooth/

File stuff looks to be pretty easy once it is setup. Pair your devices
and then (it looks like, I just have a headset, no phone) you can browse
in konq.

 If your using gnome, it's gnome-bluetooth-manager
http://gentoo-wiki.com/Talk:HOWTO_mobile_phone,_Bluetooth_and_GNOME

If your using ubuntu, this is the how-to I followed.  It worked fairly
well.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=75978&highlight=skype+bluetooth