[wplug] Quick script/SU(or SUDO) question

terry mcintyre terrymcintyre at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 13 13:45:06 EDT 2006

You might want to try something like "chmod og+s prog"
-- that will permit other users to run yourprogram
with your id and access privileges -- of course, the
downside is that you don't have much control over who
gets that access. You can restrict it to members of
the same group, or open it to everyone, but you can't
delegate it to just one other party.

--- Ben Beige <dariuscardren at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on a small C program to allow a  suere
> to start 1 program
> from another users home directory w/o access to that
> directory,
> niether of the users should need root access oor to
> know the others
> password to make this sucessful. I've got the basic
> structure down,
> but it asks for a password  if ran this way, waht
> would I need to
> compile the password into this too? Sinnce it's just
> not all that
> useful if the other party needs to have my passowrd
> to run it.
>
> Code so far:
>
>      #include <stdlib.h>
>
>      int main(void)
>      {
>           system("su user -c
> /home/user/apppath/startup &");
>           return null;
>      }
>
> --
> Ben Beige
> dariuscardren at gmail.com

Terry McIntyre
UNIX for hire
software development / systems administration / security

213-291-5169 or 2132915169 at tmomail.com ( text )
terrymcintyre at yahoo.com