[wplug] OT: Domain registrars

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sat Jul 8 12:55:25 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm looking for a new domain registrar to replace Go Daddy.  They
are cheap, but their web interface is horrible, they barrage you
with sales junk, and they seem to be becoming an all-MS shop
<http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2006/04/06/april_2006_web_server_survey.htmlhttp://news.netcraft.com/archives/2006/04/06/april_2006_web_server_survey.html>.

The requirements/services needed are as follows:
  1. ICANN accreditation
  2. Web site forwarding
  3. Multiple e-mail forwards (~8 separate addresses)
  4. Catch-all e-mail forwarding
  5. Primarily Linux or BSD-based

I previously used ENom which worked well, but was a bit pricey
and also MS-based.  I'd love to go with Pair, but they don't do
#3.  Anyone have any suggestions/experiences to share?  Thanks.