[wplug] USB internet sharing / SSH tunnel?

Vendicate vendicate at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 01:15:31 EDT 2006

this might help...

ssh -N -L Local_PDA_Port:Remote_Host:Remote_Port [user@]ssh_server_hostname

Local_PDA_Port is the port on your PDA,
Remote_Host is the remote server that you want to securely transmit
TCP traffic to,
Remote_Port is the port on that machine,
user is your username on your ssh server, and
ssh_server_hostname is your ssh Server.

confusing? lets say i want to connect to site.com but securely through ssh so...

ssh -N -L 22:site.com:80 shane at sshserver.com

if you want to use a browser in your pda: set the proxy to localhost
and port x and:

ssh -N -L x:site.com:80 shane at sshserver.com

GL