[wplug] Roving IPs

Mike Griffin mgriffin at nbistudents.org
Mon Jan 30 15:47:02 EST 2006

Zone edit (www.zoneedit.com) seems to work the best with a simple script,
and a registered domain, and is also free. The outside IP is automatically
updated.

/usr/bin/wget -O - --http-user=YOUR_USERNAME --http-passwd=YOUR_PASSWORD
'http://dynamic.zoneedit.com/auth/dynamic.html?host=YOUR_FQDN'

Have a script setup to check for a change on your ethx/pppx interface (cron
is great), then run a script containing the above.

Mike Griffin
Network Systems Administrator

Newport Business Institute
945 Greensburg Road