[wplug] Looking for work

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Thu Jan 26 16:32:31 EST 2006

"beer" <beer at cmu.edu> wrote:

> Bill
>
> What specifically are you looking to do?  I'll see what we might have here
> for you.

Well, my dream job (right now) would be part time (~20 hours/week) doing
advanced FreeBSD sysadmin stuff (such as scripting, planning, etc) without
forcing me to relocate.

I expect reality will be less kind ;)  I'm really pushing for the part
time gig, however.  I have some personal side-projects I would like to
be able to work on.  As you might expect, the longer I look without
finding, the more reasonable I'll get, since my war chest is dwingling ;)

Working with POSIX systems is a big plus, FreeBSD being my preferred
platform, but Linux is nice as well.  I don't think I could handle
help desk, so I'm going to avoid it unless I have no other choice.

> -bill
>
> On Thu, January 26, 2006 3:44 pm, Bill Moran said:
> >

> > As many of you already know, I'm looking for work.  If you aren't aware
> > of my search, now you are.  I expect I will have difficulty getting a job
> > through the "front door", as I don't have very many official credentials
> > (i.e. minimal degrees and certs).  So I expect I'll need some strong
> > references/recommendations to get in somewhere.
> >
> > My resume is here:  http://www.potentialtech.com/wmoran/Bill-resume.pdf
> >
> > If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.  Thanks in
> > advance for any assistance.
> >
> > -- Bill Moran Potential Technologies http://www.potentialtech.com

Bill Moran
Potential Technologies