[wplug] Laptop MIDI

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Mon Jan 23 23:13:39 EST 2006

Hi all,

Any suggestions for MIDI on a Linux laptop?
I have 2 USB ports, a parallel and serial port.
I also have 2 Cardbus/PCMCIA slots.

I have been working on getting the snd-serial-u16550 serial port MIDI module
loaded with NO success.
Has anyone successfully used this?
I have a Korg 05/RW and Alesis QS6.1 that have the pc serial port and I have
the proper cable.

Can you suggest any PCMCIA or USB adapters for MIDI that you have had working
under Linux?

I really don't want to have to use Windows to do this but I do know it works
as I have used it in the past with the serial port setup.

Thanks,

Bob