[wplug] [wplug-announce] Update: ATTENTION - CHANGE OF VENUE - WPLUG will be in NSH 1507 for the last time on January 21, 2006

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Fri Jan 20 21:25:15 EST 2006

Hello,

We are pleased to announce that WPLUG will be meeting in Newell Simon Hall
3002 on February 4. This new venue will serve WPLUG and our guests better
because it will be easier to access and it will have greater visibility.
Carnegie Mellon School of Computer Science supports the Linux community
therefore they have generously donated this space.

As planned, we will meet in Newell Simon Hall 1507 on January 21, 2006.
During breaks at January 21st meeting we will be holding tours of the new
room: 3002. Shortly after the January 21st meeting, we will update the
website with the new venue information.

Just to be perfectly clear, we were not "kicked out" of 1507. It is to our
benefit to move at this time due to campus construction projects this
spring term that will make it difficult to access Newell Simon Hall on the
first floor. This move is for our convenience since the third floor
entrance will not be blocked.

Thank you for your support. If you have any concerns, comments, or
suggestions regarding the venue change, please feel free to email
info at wplug.org

Thanks,

Beth Lynn Eicher
WPLUG Vice Chair