[wplug] Fwd: [lugc-talk] google databases & personal privacy

Douglas Green diego96 at mac.com
Thu Jan 19 17:39:31 EST 2006

\begin{soapbox}
Total madness!! I was alarmed by the "wiretapping" issue, which
diminished to an uneasy feeling when I heard that they had
"reasonable suspicion" to tap only particular phones... then came the
mail monitoring thing, a part of Homeland Security which was not so
widely publicized (all international mail being opened and read).
That was enough to put my paranoia into high gear. This (below) is
completely absurd! I don't know where to start- so I'll just stop
now. It's hard (for me) to decipher which parts are "real" and which
are "slightly exaggerated" claims from a predominantly liberal/
leftist media machine. Nevertheless, IMHO Big Brother is Here, he's
Watching, and soon he'll be Editing.

The sad thing is that I'm a very conservative guy- slightly to the
Right of Atilla the Hun. I cannot agree to any of this in the name of
"security", be it mine, yours, or that of "the children". How in the
world can this Violation of Privacy be acceptable, but somehow it's
"not ok" to simply designate porn sites with ".prn" rather than
".com"??! Seriously, wouldn't that solve the whole issue??
Pornographiciados could go to one Big Central Smut Repository, and
the rest of us don't need to worry about it. Whatever- the amount of
brainpower that's gone into "solving" this "problem" is nil.

I have a proposition: publish every google search done by every
member of this administration, including G'Dubyah. Then we can play
"show me yours and I'll show you mine"...
\end{soapbox}