[wplug] Linux Accessibility options

smk smk at fyi.net
Thu Jan 12 14:54:18 EST 2006

Howdy Folks,

I have a blind friend here at work that is very interested in getting rid
of Microsoft.

Currently, he using Jaws on windows and a SSH client to log into a machine
to do his linux things.  However, he is ready to get rid of windows all
together.

I've been helping him do some research and found emacs speak and such.  We
are running into a problem with the login screen.  We are looking for
something that can let him know when its time to log in and if he typed in
his password wrong (even beeping would be fine).  I can only assume this
would be something doing at kernel time.

We are not sold on anything at this point, so any input would be
appreciated.

Thanks!

- smk