[wplug] OT - synchronizing files with memory stick

Aaron Silinskas aaron at mindwidgets.com
Sun Jan 8 13:13:20 EST 2006

Gentgeen wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 21:31:46 -0500
> Aaron Silinskas <aaron at mindwidgets.com> wrote:
>

>>I have messed with mounting a GMail account to a
>>directory in linux and that worked fine.
>

> I would love to know how you did that... Is there a howto out there
> already?

It looks like the python-based gmailfs is the most popular gmail
mounting for linux, which is the version I used when testing it out:
http://richard.jones.name/google-hacks/gmail-filesystem/gmail-filesystem.html

Also, I have never used this, but apparently there's a shell extension
for windows that allows gmail filesystem access via explorer:
http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm