[wplug] OT - synchronizing files with memory stick

Aaron Silinskas aaron at mindwidgets.com
Sat Jan 7 21:31:46 EST 2006

I'm wondering if a file-based cvs/svn setup would work better for you.
The main issues that come to mind are:
- you'd have to run a sync command before removing the card to commit
any new changes/files/deletions to the memory card
- there may be issues if the same file-based repository is accessed from
linux/bsd/windows, this is purely a guess though

Your hotplug script could run an update and commit, and if you wanted to
get fancy you could have a section handle merge/conflicts by moving one
of the conflicting files to a separate "conflicts" area. I don't use
memory cards, or I'd give this a shot and let you know.
   I'm more of a fan of syncing via a hosting service since $10/month
can usually get a few gigs of net-space. GMail is another option for
file syncing, not sure if a windows-based file explorer interface exists
for GMail though. I have messed with mounting a GMail account to a
directory in linux and that worked fine.

Hope some of this is useful,
Aaron