[wplug] Unfortunate Google Results

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Wed Jan 4 15:09:32 EST 2006

wplug-bounces+don.vanco=agilysys.com at wplug.org <theoretically > put
forth the following electrons on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:26 PM:
> Hello all,
>
> I just wanted to share a rather interesting thing I just
> experienced.  I did a quick Google of 'linux partitioning
> windows' in an effort to get info on creating a Linux
> partition within WinXP.  The 8th result of the search is this MS page:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314458
> entitled, "How to Remove Linux and Install Windows XP".  This
> is a recent revision of an old WinNT/2k geared page I read awhile
> back.
>
> I realize it would be silly to think that MS is not going to
> provide such a "Support" page, that with all our effort to
> get folks to do the opposite action.  But I just found it
> unfortunate that this page was the 8th Google result for a
> search I made in an effort to bring alittle harmony between
> my Linux and Windows boxes.  That especially when the 7th
> result is a page on dual booting.

It's almost totally superfluous anyway - Windoze is to stupid / arrogant
to even care what's on the system at present (other than other
iterations of DOS, of course) - anyone booting from the media is no
doubt more than likely to nuke the box anyway because they've somehow
cocked up the turdpile that is the registry or Windoze has just
naturally reached its "stability half-life"......