[wplug] Unfortunate Google Results

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 00:24:03 EST 2006

On 1/3/06, dk at curlynoodle.com <dk at curlynoodle.com> wrote:
> I just wanted to share a rather interesting thing I just experienced.  I did a quick Google of 'linux partitioning windows' in an effort to get info on creating a Linux partition within WinXP.  The 8th result of the search is this MS page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314458
> entitled, "How to Remove Linux and Install Windows XP".  This is a recent revision of an old WinNT/2k geared page I read awhile back.

Yeah, I remember when this was first posted, several years back.

Don't fret, though. It's still not taken very seriously.
http://pb.meselia.net/it/less-frequently-visited-kb-articles/

This was the 7th link I found when I entered "link:..." (where "..."
is the URL of the KB page) into Google. Turns out that the people
linking to the Microsoft article are happy Linux users, scoffing at
their nemesis. Stupid, stupid PageLink! :)

Maybe it's only fair that MS provides instructions on how to remove
Linux when installing XP. Except, who in their right minds would?
http://digg.com/linux_unix/How_to_Remove_Linux_and_Install_Windows_XP

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>