[wplug] Unfortunate Google Results

dk at curlynoodle.com dk at curlynoodle.com
Tue Jan 3 23:26:02 EST 2006

Hello all,

I just wanted to share a rather interesting thing I just experienced.  I did a quick Google of 'linux partitioning windows' in an effort to get info on creating a Linux partition within WinXP.  The 8th result of the search is this MS page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314458
entitled, "How to Remove Linux and Install Windows XP".  This is a recent revision of an old WinNT/2k geared page I read awhile back.

I realize it would be silly to think that MS is not going to provide such a "Support" page, that with all our effort to get folks to do the opposite action.  But I just found it unfortunate that this page was the 8th Google result for a search I made in an effort to bring alittle harmony between my Linux and Windows boxes.  That especially when the 7th result is a page on dual booting.

Dave