[wplug] degaussing tapes and hard drives

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Wed Feb 22 13:34:12 EST 2006

It did cross my mind to find out what a junk yard might charge.  I think my best options, from suggestions, would be to rent a proper degausser or buy a really strong, cheap magnet and just hope it works.  That or forego the warranty, buy a sledge hammer, and go nuts.

I like the warning on the 'supermagnets' on this site: http://www.unitednuclear.com/magnets.htm