[wplug] Free VoIP Phone Numbers in Pittsburgh?

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 09:15:19 EST 2006

Does anyone know what it would take to get a free VoIP phone number in
the 412 (or perhaps 724) area code, that's accessible from the plain
old phone system? Or even if that's possible right now?

The reason I'm asking is that it'd be nice if we could get a
dial-in-only number to a voicemail system via Asterisk. Has anyone
done anything like this in the area?

Patrick Wagstrom has said that free VoIP numbers are only available
(right now) in Washington-state area codes. A cursory search on the
interweb pretty much says the same thing, though at least one free
service claimed to have local dial-in service on the way.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>