[wplug] Distro selection assistance.

Juan Zuluaga jz31416 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 18 15:55:54 EST 2006

By DSl I assume you mean Damn Small Linux.
What kinds of errors are you having?
VAIOs are quirky.
No experience with DamnSmall;
To have the usual goodies, without complications,
VectorLinux could be good. Either old 3.2 or the very
last, that apparently has been made leaner than
previous ones. 3.2 would be faster, but you quickly
run into updating threadmill. Installing slapt-get
helps in this case.
Slackware or Debian will be the way to go if you have
more specialized needs (and time for hours of
tweaking). Debian tends to behave slower, but of
course is much better when you have to weigh what to
install given limited space, for its superior checks
for software dependencies.
BSDs could be both very fast and very good at letting
you install only what you need. VAIOs, tho, are quirky
beasts.