[wplug] Possible opportunity to make some good waves?

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Feb 17 11:08:35 EST 2006

Chris Teodorski <chris at teodorski.com> wrote:

> Bill,
>
> Do you know when this is supposed to air?

I'm not sure.  I heard the commercial out of the corner of my ear as I was
passing by, then stopped to see what station it was on.  Some time later
today, I believe.  I'm going to keep an eye/ear out, because I'd like to
see it.  I'll notify the list if I find out.

> Chris
>
> Bill Moran wrote:
> > I just saw a commercial: Channel 4 news is doing a "special investigation"
> > in to whether or not electronic voting machines can be trusted.
> >
> > If you're not familiar with the issues relating to this (such as the Diebold
> > scandal) a few google searches should update you.
> >
> > Of course, the OS community has a solution:
> > http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/
> >
> > I don't know if it's possible to ensure that this is covered on the news
> > _tonight_, but I plan to make an effort to make the media aware of it.
> > On this page:
> > http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/station/index.html
> > You can send email to the newsroom.  I'm working to type up a brief, polite
> > letter suggesting they research the OVC.
> >
> > I think others expressing concern about this issue may be a good idea.

Bill Moran
Potential Technologies
http://www.potentialtech.com