[wplug] Possible opportunity to make some good waves?

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Feb 17 10:25:09 EST 2006

I just saw a commercial: Channel 4 news is doing a "special investigation"
in to whether or not electronic voting machines can be trusted.

If you're not familiar with the issues relating to this (such as the Diebold
scandal) a few google searches should update you.

Of course, the OS community has a solution:
http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/

I don't know if it's possible to ensure that this is covered on the news
_tonight_, but I plan to make an effort to make the media aware of it.
On this page:
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/station/index.html
You can send email to the newsroom.  I'm working to type up a brief, polite
letter suggesting they research the OVC.

I think others expressing concern about this issue may be a good idea.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies