[wplug] [OT] Acrobat's mysterious messages

Matthew J. Hughes mhues at verizon.net
Thu Feb 16 19:43:25 EST 2006

If I remember correctly the only *real* problem you have is not having
sent Adobe your $150....err $300. jeez, prices do change. Reader is for
reading if you wanna write it is gonna cost you! Adobes minimum product
is Adobe acrobat Standard [1]. Though you can pay more if you want [2].
Unless you use the open source tools, then of course it is free.
    I think what you really want to do is read a PDF, modify it, and
output the changes. PDF was never really meant to do that. PDF is really
more of a display format, and a controlled one at that. Quite frankly I
was surprised to see the save button in my browser for PDFs, they always
seemed to not want you to have a copy of the things. I never tried it
but I always imagined that pdf2html, modify, html2pdf would do the
trick. If you do it, please let us know how.

-matt

[1] http://store.adobe.com/store/products/master.jhtml?id=catAcrobatStnd
[2] http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/matrix.html