[wplug] LDAP for Linux Authentication

Benjamin Slavin wplug at bit24.net
Wed Feb 15 16:37:10 EST 2006

Howdy all,

 I'm currently looking to migrate some Linux systems to LDAP-based authentication but can't find a decent guide as to how to make it happen.

I'm using CentOS 4.2 (clone of RedHat ES4) as my test system. For now, I'd just like to create some users and test how the system works. I've read a number of guides out there, but they all seem to omit steps so I'm utterly confused.

It seems like there should be a good, efficient way to get things setup since this is such a common practice.

My eventual goal is single-sign-on for Linux/Windows systems using LDAP-PAM/Samba, so any references that deal with both would be ideal.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
  --Ben