[wplug] Introduce myself

Florin Manolache florin at hum.math.cmu.edu
Wed Feb 15 08:52:44 EST 2006

Hello everyone,

Since I'm new here:
Sorry I didn't have time to introduce myself before
my first posting on the list.

I am running the scientific computation support for the Mellon College of
Science at CMU. We're a linux oriented group with roots back in 1996,
providing support at all levels starting from system administration, to
hardware design and repair, to parallel computation for scientific
projects.

Personally I'm using linux as my main OS from 1993 (pre 1.0 kernels) and
the policy for my team is along the "Windows is not supported" lines.
Not very strictly enforced, but at least claimed to be like that :-)

I was happy to find out that this group exist, and I'll be very happy to
help if anybody needs support related to an open source project or
activity.

Florin Manolache