Cheap home mass storage?? (was - RE: [wplug] OT - word of warning on Maxtor 250GB drives)

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Tue Feb 14 15:30:59 EST 2006

So I should ask - does anyone have any ideas for cheap home mass storage
(above 2TB)?

I've seen the Linux Disk stuff, and I've seen lots of SATA shelves - but
the issue is that the cost of admission (the shelf before even adding
drives) has just been too high.

I'm all for "El Cheapo" drives - but the issue is that when they are
crazy cheap (like the Tiger sale) you can only get one at a time and
there is a large rebate to wait on....

Any comments?  I'd love to find 3 to 5 TB (JBOD even) at under 5
grand.....

Don

wplug-bounces+don.vanco=agilysys.com at wplug.org <theoretically > put
forth the following electrons on :