[wplug] OT - word of warning on Maxtor 250GB drives

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Tue Feb 14 14:06:07 EST 2006

> Where have you seen these special running?
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?Edp
No=1265028&sku=THD-250A
This is the ATA-100 version - if you search you will also see the
ATA-133.  They have been running this "limited special" for at least 3
months...

The way that I utilize these disks precludes me from doing a RAID set
(requires that the drives be portable in a USB housing), but I should
devise a long term storage plan that does....

250GB of MP3z?  There's not that much good music to be had......