[wplug] Mac version of The Open CD

John Harrold john.m.harrold at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 19:14:04 EST 2006

Sometime in February Michael P. O'Connor assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| Ok I have talked with some people about making an copy of The Open CD
| but with Mac based software.
|
| Right now I have copied down for it:
| gimp
| Open Office
| audacity
| FireFox
| Thurderbird
|
| I would like to have suggestions for other programs to install.

I'd definatly include AdiumX [1].  I think that scribus might be useful
[2].  If this is targeted towards students, then I'd include maxima, R, and
octave [3-5].

[1] http://www.adiumx.com/
[2] http://www.scribus.org.uk/
[3] http://maxima.sourceforge.net/download.shtml
[4] http://cran.r-project.org/mirrors.html
[5] http://www.octave.org/download.html

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 john.m.harrold _at_ gmail  |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi