[wplug] Linux Class at Community College (CIT-220)

Philip Reiche Philip.Reiche at NETL.DOE.GOV
Mon Dec 18 16:07:32 EST 2006

What's the text?

>>> "Greg Simkins" <gregsim at telerama.com> 12/18/2006 3:59:02 PM >>>

Hi Phil,  Wonderful!  It would be great to get the old gang back together.  Even Beth Lynn said she might be interested.  I was blown away.

Greg

----- Original Message -----
From: Philip Reiche
To: list, General user
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 9:03 AM
Subject: Re: [wplug] Linux Class at Community College (CIT-220)

.Yeah, I might be interested. I'll check with the "boss"

>>> "Greg Simkins" <gregsim at telerama.com> 12/16/2006 7:58:51 PM >>>

Anybody interested in taking a formal, 3-credit class in Linux at Community College South Campus (or know somebody else that would be interested)?  The class provides a pretty thorough overview of the basics of Linux - perhaps you don't need to be a keyboard commando to operate Linux.

I am scheduled to teach the class on Tuesday evenings starting January 16 and lasting 14 weeks.  The cost is about $300 for county residents plus $80 for the textbook.  The class is described at:  http://www.cit220.org/.  For persons not previously enrolled at CCAC, it will be necessary to appear in person at any CCAC campus for initial admission and first-time registration.  To avoid prerequisites, I can send you an email granting permission to enroll.  I would like to have a sentence about your good basic computer knowledge to use as a basis for the waiver of prerequisites.

Feel free to email me with questions.

Greg Simkins