[wplug] Everex Laptops from Wal-Mart

Ian Robertson robeis1822 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 17 15:24:34 EST 2006

That is the 'One Laptop per Child' project. I have been reading about that off and on too. It looks like a very interesting project. The laptop.org link worked for me. I see they have a new image of what the laptop does (may?) look like.

http://www.laptop.org/OLPC_files/nigerian-machine.jpg

Greg Simkins <gregsim at telerama.com> wrote:       I had been interested in a laptop shown in popular  science for $100 intended for distribution in the third world.  It used to  be shown at www.laptop.org, but today I see  the domain is for sale and it is directed to techshopping.com for cheap  computers.  Oh well.  They have a link to several sites selling cheap  notebook computers.  Perhaps there is something of interest there.

 Greg