[wplug] Pittsburgh Ruby User Group

Cameron McBride cameron.mcbride at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 16:49:03 EST 2006

On 12/14/06, Vance Kochenderfer <vkochend at nyx.net> wrote:
> For anyone who might be interested in Ruby, a user group is
> starting to form in Pittsburgh.  It looks like they are trying to
> schedule a meeting in the next couple weeks.

it's important to note that this meeting we're trying to schedule is
where we'll be determining WHAT people want from the group - so even
if you have no current ruby experience, your presense is welcome.

> If you don't know what Ruby is, there's a brief intro at
> <http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2001/10/25/ruby.html>.
> Ruby on Rails is becoming popular for web development
> <http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8356>.

plus, ruby is just an awesome language.

For even bigger geeks, ruby's C api is also VERY nice.

Cameron

p.s. Vance, thanks for helping get the word out.

p.p.s. If there is any wplug interest, I'd be happy to do a ruby intro
/ demo / talk at some point.  Probably not until the 2nd month of next
year at the earliest - but anyhow.