[wplug] Klipmart.com / macromedia , invading my privacy?

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Sat Dec 16 10:47:14 EST 2006

> knows what the rules are. Pragmatically however I realize there are
> some legitimate reasons various govt. , law enforcement and
> intelligence agencies may need to infringe on some privacy rights at
> certain times. A lot can be covered with "national security" as the
> boilerplate for justification and that is certainly problematic, but
> there really are some very nasty, intelligent and committed
> individuals who would like to do very bad things to us. The relative
> merits and dangers of balancing personal freedom with security is an
> interesting issue and like most one that is not apt to a facile
> solution. If the [insert 3 letter ominous govt. agency] really really
> wants to know something about you or certain online or offline
> electronic transactions I'm sure they will find out one way or
> another.

 	There *are* some very bad people out there. When did our
government decide that you or I may be one of them, and no longer need the
safeguards that protect the American people from the government?

 	Prolly a better forum for that kind of argument. When you say that
it is okay for law enforcement to infringe on some privacy rights, you're
allowing them to do such things. Freedom shouldn't cost us our freedom.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		http://www.zhrodague.net