[wplug] cell phones and Linux

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Tue Dec 12 11:42:27 EST 2006

> Well, there's cracks in my screen and my battery life
> ain't what it used to be, it's time to look for a new
> cell phone again.  I want to find a phone that will
> work well with linux.  What I'm really after is the
> ability to synchronize calendars between phone and
> desktop, and secondarily the ability to use the phone
> as a modem to access the internet when necessary.  My
> current Samsung phone can do the second rather well
> but the first not at all. I'm intrigued by the Treo
> b/c it's a palm and I know how to make those talk to
> linux, but have no idea if I could use it for net
> access with my laptop or not.  Any recommendations?

 	Hm, depends on what your favorite PIM is.

 	I've been after the Treo 650 myself, since my Nokia 3650 is a bit
old for what I want to do with it. What to sync *to* is the real question.
Usually I just do a backup.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		http://www.zhrodague.net