[wplug] cell phones and Linux

Bryon Gill bgtrio at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 12 11:05:49 EST 2006

Well, there's cracks in my screen and my battery life
ain't what it used to be, it's time to look for a new
cell phone again.  I want to find a phone that will
work well with linux.  What I'm really after is the
ability to synchronize calendars between phone and
desktop, and secondarily the ability to use the phone
as a modem to access the internet when necessary.  My
current Samsung phone can do the second rather well
but the first not at all. I'm intrigued by the Treo
b/c it's a palm and I know how to make those talk to
linux, but have no idea if I could use it for net
access with my laptop or not.  Any recommendations?

=====
What is wrong is that we have invented the technology to eliminate scarcity, but we are deliberately throwing it away
to benefit those who profit from scarcity.
            -John Gilmore
             http://cryptome.org/jg-wwwcp.htm